prep 30 minutes, bake 25 minutes, serves 12
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 24-ounce package potato rolls
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 4-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Homemade caramel sauce or caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fruit compote
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Cut rolls in half and place in the baking pan. Sprinkle with raisins and pecans.
- In a large bowl beat eggs well. Stir in milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream, and vanilla extract, mixing well. Stir in sugar and nutmeg until sugar is dissolved. Pour over mixture in baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pudding springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown.
- To serve, divide pudding among 12 dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with some of the caramel sauce. Add a scoop of ice cream to each plate. Top each scoop with some other fruit compote. Garnish with mint.