makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 large bag potato chips (kettle chips recommended)
- 1 8-ounce package sliced, smoked, and cured salmon
- chopped fresh chives
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, horseradish, garlic, shallots, pepper, and salt; mix well. Squeeze lemon juice into bowl; stir in.
- Place several flat potato chips on serving dish. Add a small dollop of sour cream mixture to center of each chip
- Cut salmon slices into strips. Roll up strips and place on top of sour cream dollops on chips. Sprinkle fresh chives on each for garnish.
- Note: To get the most juice out of a lemon, use the palm of your hand to roll a whole lemon on a hard surface before halving.