cook: 25 minutes, makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa, coarsely chopped
- One small onion, chopped
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 to 15.8 ounce cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, onion, and garlic; sautÃ© about five minutes or until sausage is done.
- Stir in beans, chicken stock, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste with pepper. Stir in parsley.
- Note: This bean and sausage combo is delicious over hot cooked penne.