- 3 racks baby back ribs
- 1 cup barbecue spice blend
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Homemade Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Sprinkle baby back ribs with ½ cup of the barbecue spice blend. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 250°F. In a bowl mix together the water, lemon juice, honey, liquid smoke, and remaining ½ cup barbecue spice blend.
- Grill baby back ribs over medium-high direct heat for 2 to 5 minutes per side or until browned, basting them occasionally with lemon juice mixture.
- Lay out four 2-foot-long sheets of foil, overlapping by 2 inches to form one large sheet. Place ribs together on sheet and wrap securely. Place on a large baking pan. Bake for 2½ hours or until meat is tender. Serve with Homemade Bourbon Barbecue Sauce.