cook 30 minutes, makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces smoked Cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces mild cheese, such as Velveeta, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each of the smoked Cheddar, sharp Cheddar and mild cheese to sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese at the end.
- Combine the half-and-half, milk, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, garlic salt and pepper in a large pot and place it over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil and gradually whisk in the remaining smoked Cheddar, sharp Cheddar and mild cheese, stirring to make a creamy sauce.
- Mix in the macaroni and season with kosher salt to taste. Pour into a baking dish and top with the reserved smoked Cheddar, sharp Cheddar and mild cheese.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more