makes 4 servings
- 1lb dried linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large scallops
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- juice of 2 whole lemons (about 1/3 cup)
- Pinch saffron threads
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a medium sauté pan. Season the scallops with salt and paper. When the oil is hot add the scallops.; sear for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and opaque. Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add the garlic, sauté for 2 minutes. Add the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, lemon juice, and saffron. Simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced by half and slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in drained cooked pasta; toss to mix well. Top with scallops, garnish with green onion, if desired, and sprinkle with pepper.