- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 18 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tiny yellow pear tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- For the marinade, in a medium bowl combine the 1 cup oil, half of the onions, half of the garlic, the 1 tablespoon rosemary, and the 1 tablespoon thyme. Place chicken in a resealable bag set in a shallow bowl. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large heavy roasting pan heat the 2 tablespoons oil. Once the oil is hot, remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the roasting pan, skin side down. Sear the skin for 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, adding the remaining onions and garlic, all the tomatoes and the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (180 degrees F)
Note: Great if served over brown rice or with sautÃ©ed broccoli