makes 12 servings
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups three sticks butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7-UP
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix flour and 7-UP, 1/4 cup at a time, until well blended. Stir in lemon extract and vanilla. Fold in yogurt. Turn batter into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan or a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.