prep: 15 minutes, grill: 10 minutes, serves: 4
- 4 beef T-bone steaks, cut 2 to 3 inches thick about (12 oz each)
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill to desired doneness. Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F). Serve steaks with parsley and garlic sauce.
- Parsley & Garlic Sauce: In a saucepan bring water to a boil; add 1 1/2 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley. Cook for two minutes. Using a slotted spoon, quickly remove parsley from water; cool in icewater. Drain on paper towels. In a food processor combine parsley; 1/2 cup minced garlic; 1/2 of a bunch fresh rosemary, stems removed; 1/2 of a bunch fresh thyme, stems removed; and 1/2 cup olive oil. Cover and press until smooth. The food processor running, alternately add 4 ounces fresh baby spinach and 1 cup olive oil, a little at a time through the feed tube, processing until all is combined. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
Note: The parsley & garlic sauce can be made and refrigerated up to a week before using. For a great meal, serve the steak with roasted herbed potatoes.