- 1 lb dried linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp diced shallots
- 1 tsp diced jalapeño chile pepper
- 12oz. skinless boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or stock, or broth
- 3/4 cup Bull's-Eye or homemade barbecue sauce
- grilled asparagus
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and jalapeño pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the drained cooked pasta, the stock, and half of the barbecue sauce; simmer for 2 minutes then add the remaining barbecue sauce. Serve with grilled asparagus.
- Grilled Asparagus Lightly coat a grill pan with olive oil. Remove tough stems from one bunch (about 1lb) asparagus. Cut stalks into 2-inch pieces. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil; season with salt and pepper; Grill for 4 to 6 minutes in grill pan or until asparagus is tender.