cook: 30 minutes, serves 4
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces dried vermicelli or linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut in short julienne strips
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Add vermicelli; cook according to package directions. Drain; return to hot pot. Keep warm.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine soy sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and tarragon. cover and shake well; set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken to hot oil; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper to hot pan; sauté just until cabbage. Return chicken to pan. Shake dressing well; stir into pan. In a bowl combine chicken mixture with permits, tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.