- Four boneless chicken breast halves, skin on
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 3/4 pound fresh morel mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons shaved garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- One cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 to 8 leaves of arugula
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In ovenproof sautÃ© pan heat the oil over medium to high heat. Sear the chicken, skin side down, until skin is nice and crispy. Turn the chicken skin side up and transfer to the oven to cook for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan, cover loosely with foil, and set aside.
- In the same pan sautÃ© the bacon for four minutes or until beginning to crisp. Add the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic; sautÃ© for two minutes four until tender. Add the white wine, stirring and scraping to remove any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Simmer for two minutes more. Add the chicken stock; simmer for four minutes. Whisk in the butter.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, spoon the mushroom mixture into the middle of the platter, and place the arugula on top of each piece of chicken.