makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 2-to-3 pound boneless Colorado lamb loin roast (double loin, tied)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Rosemary potatoes and carrots
- For the marinade, in a large bowl whisk together the honey, oil, garlic, and Rosemary.
- Place the lamb in a resealable bag and set in a shallow bowl. Pour marinade over meat. Seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain lamb; discard marinade. Season meat with salt and pepper. Place medium-hot coals around a drip pain. Test for medium heat above pan. Place lamb on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the rast reads 135°F. Remove meat from the grill. Cover meat with foil; let stand for 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice lamb and serve with rosemary potatoes and carrots.
- Rosemary potatoes and carrots: preheat oven to 350°F. Place 5 quartered small red potatoes and 2 cups peeled baby carrots in a baking dish. Add 1 tablespoon each: chopped garlic, chopped shallot, chopped fresh rosemary, and chopped fresh time. Dot vegetables with 3 tablespoons butter. Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.