- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- sweetened whipped cream
- shaved dark chocolate
- fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan combine the milk and 1/2 cup of the cream. Bring to boiling on high heat
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Whisk a small amount of the milk mixture into the yolk mixture. Gradually whisk in remaining milk mixture. Add the vanilla and continue whisking until well combined. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. While still hot, pour mixture over the chopped chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk mixture until smooth. Set aside and let cool.
- Whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream until soft peaks form. When the chocolate mixture is no longer warm to the touch, stir a small amount of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Scoop the chocolate mousse into six chilled 6-ounce glasses. Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour, Top with additional sweetened whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and fresh raspberries.