- 3 pounds ox tails, sliced half inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Half teaspoon +1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup +3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can of whole plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 1/2 cup cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped, peeled potato
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Rinse oxtails. Season oxtails on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of the pepper, salt, and half teaspoon of the garlic salt. Pat seasonings into meat to seal in the flavor. Dredge oxtails in flour; Pat off excess flour.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the canola oil and sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear your oxtails on both sides in a hot pan. Add whole tomatoes to pan; set aside.
- In a separate sauté pan heat the remaining 3 tablespoons canola oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, chopped tomato, and onion. Season vegetables with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to low and let cook down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer oxtail and whole tomatoes to large casserole dish. Pour carrot mixture into dish. Add chicken stock cover and place in oven. Roast for three hours or until meat is falling off bone. The last 30 minutes add potato and cover again.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more