- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb fresh green beans,
- trimmed 2 15-16oz cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), Great northern beans, or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Grill: 8 minutes
- Rub bell pepper pieces with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Place on rack of an uncovered grill directly under medium coals. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until charred on all sides, turning frequently. Remove from grill; place in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag. Let stand for 5 minutes. Peel peppers and slice into bite-sized strips.; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring water to a boil; add a pinch of salt. Add green beans. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Cool in ice water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl combine bell pepper strips, green beans, cannelloni beans, capers, and anchovy fillets, tossing to combine. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and the red wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss dressing with vegetables.