- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 piece of focaccia bread
- 3 ounces Norwegian smoked salmon or other lox-style salmon
- Fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 then sliced red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream, garlic, horseradish, and lemon juice. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper; refrigerate spread until ready to use.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, add the milk and mix well.
- In a small sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Add the egg mixture. Cook without stirring until eggs begin to set on the bottom and sides. With a spatula, lift and fold the partly cooked mixture so the uncooked part moves to the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking and folding until the mixture is cooked through but still looks moist. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Spread the cut side of each bread peice with the horseradish sauce. Top one cut surface with the scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, dill, and red onion. Top with remaining bread piece.