- 2 lb. fresh collard greens
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 10 slices turkey bacon
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. chicken bouillon paste (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Start by removing the spin from all the collard greens and cut them roughly and wash thoroughly - at least three times.
- Once then greens are washed, start by putting oil into a large roasting pan â€“ then add the turkey, onions and garlic. Then add then greens and season with the salt and pepper.
- Now add the chicken stock and the water â€“ cover and cook on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Note you most likely will need to add more water or stock as needed, and check the seasoning as well when adding more liquids. If you decide to use bullion paste - add right after the liquids.