prep 10 minutes, cook 6 minutes per sandwich, makes 2 sandwiches
- 8 frsh basil leaves, diced
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices of potatoe bread
- 16 to 20 thin slices smoked ham (suc as Black Forest Ham)
- 6 slices of GruyÃ©re cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kettle chips
- In a small bowl combine basil, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Spread one side of each bread slice with some of the myonnaise mixture.
- Place two bread slices, mayonnaise side up, on a flat surface. Divide ham slices between the two bread slices. Top each with three slices of GruyÃ©re cheese. Add remaining two bread slices, mayonnaise sides down.
- In a small sautÃ© pan melt 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter over low heat. Add one sandwich; toast for 3 minutes. Turn sandwich add an additional 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter and toast for 3 minutes more. Set sandwich aside. Repeat with remaining sanwich and butter.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagnolly. Serve with kettle chips.