makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh BlackBerries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh golden raspberries
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries
- One cup sliced fresh strawberries
- One star, peeled and sliced
- One bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- Place a metal bowl in the freezer and let chill about 20 minutes. Place cream in chilled bowl and beat with a whisk until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Set whipped cream aside.
- In A small saucepan combine water and granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set simple syrup aside.
- In a large bowl place all berries and starfruit; gently mix together. Add simple syrup. Chop about three mint leaves and had to bowl; gently mix. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream.
- Note: this great dessert can be served family-style by placing whipped cream on top, or it can be spooned into martini glasses and drizzled with chocolate sauce for that stepped-up approach. It also could be served over a scoop of ice cream. Use just one or all of your favorite berries to personalize it.