- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 medium grade B potatoes for other round red potatoes, have
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh sage, leaves picked from the stems
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups veal stock or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy roasting pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the hot oil, skin side down, and sear the skin. Turn the chicken and add the potatoes, onions, herbs, and garlic; sautÃ© for three minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.Â
- Add the wine and stock. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low to medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir in butter.