makes 4 servings
- 8 to 10 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound fresh Chilean sea bass, cod, or whitefish (cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 cup blackening spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place 3 to 4 pieces of sea bass on each skewer, leaving no space between the fish pieces.
- Place the blackening spice in a shallow dish. Dredge the fish skewers in the seasoning to coat fish cubes on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the fish on the grill pan and see you on all sides, turning repeatedly until fish flakes when tested with a fork, about 8 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.