- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 6 and Andouille sausage links
- 16 slices of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup dijon and garlic AÃ¯oli
- 6 good-quality hot dog buns, toasted
- 6 slices Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut in thin strips
- Preheat your grill, or if using a grill pan, place over medium-high heat. Heat the oil in a sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat. SautÃ© the shallots until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Place the sausages on the greased rack in uncovered grill directly over medium coals rotating them or 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the grill, and wrap each sausage with one slice of prosciutto. Return the sausages to the grill, and warm them over in direct heat about 45 seconds. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Spread the aÃ¯oli on the insides of each fun. Top with cheese, sausage, tomatoes, and shallots.
Note: if you don't have a grill or pan, you can boil the sausage. Feel free to get creative with your dogs. If you want to change the cheese or use sautÃ©ed onions that's okay too.