- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 12-14 peeled baby carrots
- 12-14 peeled pearl onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp shaved garlic
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups veal sock or beef stock
- 2 cups morel mushrooms or other wild mushrooms, sliced
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sear for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, onions, shallots, and garlic to the pan. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add the wine and the stock; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cover, and cook for antoher 25 to 27 minutes for medium (160 F).
- Remove meat and cover with foil for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve meat with the vegetables.