- 6 yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened condenced milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 9-inch pie shells (see my recipe "pastry for two single-crust pies")
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake whole potatos for 1 hour or until soft. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and mash them in a large bowl. Add sugar, eggs, condenced milk, cream, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Prebake pie shells in the 350 F oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and pour sweet potato mixure evenly into shells. Bake for 35 minutes more or until firm.