- 3 large yams
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 red delicious apples
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Peel potatoes. Place in boiling water until tender.
- Once tender, remove from water and slice into rounds.
- Peel and slice each apple.
- Grease bottom of casserole pan with margarine, and while alternating, place potatoes and apples in a row into the casserole dish. Make three rows spanning the dish, and add the raisins on top.
- To make glaze sauce, pour honey, orange juice, vanilla and cinnamon into a pot. Stir until consistency is even. Pour sauce over potatoes and apples.
- Place casserole dish in oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. When browned, remove from oven, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.