- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 5 white rose potatoes, peeled and diced
- White pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Chicken breast diced in 1 1/2 inch cubes 2 Chicken thighs diced in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Season chicken breast and thighs with salt and white pepper. In a medium pot heat olive oil over medium heat sauté chicken until cooked extracting the flavor in the pot. Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the same pot add potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, shallot; sauté until soft and season with salt and pepper. Add white wine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock and water; bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cream; simmer for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- In a food processor place 1 part of the potato to 2 parts liquid mixture and 1 tablespoon of the butter; pulse until smooth. Place in a second pot and repeat with remaining potato and liquid mixture and butter. Check for consistency. For a thicker soup add more potatoes, for a thinner soup add less potatoes. Add cooked chicken pureed soup and heat through until hot. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve hot.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more