prep: 20 minutes, soak: 45 minutes, cook: 10 minutes, serves: 8
- 6 fresh clams
- 6 fresh mussels
- 6 fresh shrimp in their shells
- 6 ounces skinless fresh salmon
- 6 ounces skinless fresh Seabass
- 4 ounces fresh sea or bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups white wine
- 6 plum tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups hot cooked rice, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Ground white pepper
- Scrub clams and mussels under cold running water; remove beards from mussels. Soak clams and mussels in cold salted water for 15 minutes; drain and rinse. Repeat twice more; set aside. Clean shrimp, removing shells; use a sharp knife to remove veins. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Rinsed salmon, sea bass, and scallops. Pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Add clams and mussels. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add shrimp, salmon, sea bass, and scallops. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more until seafood is done. Remove seafood from pan; keep warm.
- Stir rice and butter into tomato mixture in pan. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Serve with seafood.