- 4 6-oz. salmon filets, with skin
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp diced shallot
- 1 large leek, white part only, washed well and diced
- 1-1/2 cups shelled cannellini beans, cooked
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan. Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the pan and cook (without moving the fish) until the skin is crispy (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Reduce the heat, turn the salmon, and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in another sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots, and leek; sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until the leak begins to soften.
- Add the cannellini beans and the wine; bring to a gentle simmer. Add the butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper