Whether you’re whipping up a batch of hibiscus margaritas or trying your hand at a Ponche Crema, with these drinks in your cocktail repertoire, there’s no doubt your house will be the most popular stop for carolers.
Austin's Clove, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon-Infused Bourbon Old Fashioned
• 2 oz. infused whiskey (method, below)
• Muddled sugar cube and orange peel
• Angostura bitters
• Luxardo maraschino cherry
• For infused whiskey: Put two cinnamon sticks and two whole nutmegs (cracked) into a bottle of good quality bourbon. Let sit for five days. Add 1 teaspoon of cloves and let sit for two more days. Remove spices.
• For Old Fashioned: Muddle a sugar cube and an orange peel. Add 2 oz of the infused whiskey and a dash of Angostura bitters. Serve with a big rock of ice and a maraschino cherry.
Aspen's Holiday Thyme
• 2 oz. rum
• 1 oz. blueberry/thyme/ginger simple syrup
• 1/4 oz. lemon juice
• 2 dashes orange bitters
• 1 egg white
• Make simple syrup: Heat 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and a sprig of thyme. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add five blueberries. Cover and let sit for five minutes. Strain and cool.
• Add all the ingredients to a shaker and shake it without ice. Add ice and shake again. Double strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a thyme sprig over the foam layer.
Nantucket's Broad Street
• 2 oz. Knappogue 16 year
• 2 oz Birch cold brew coffee
• 3/4 oz demerara syrup
• 1 dash Bittermens Mole Bitters flavored whipped cream in "Benedictine" (or plain whipped cream)
• Grated nutmeg
• Put all the ingredients except the whipped cream into a shaker. Shake up with one ice cube. Strain into a Highball glass with ice. Top with Benedictine whip cream and grated nutmeg.
Happiness Tonight (main photo)
• 25 ml scotch whisky
• 25 ml bourbon whiskey
• 20 ml Cana Melasso
• 20 ml lemon juice
• 15 ml brandy
• 20 ml egg white
• Garnish: Fresh strawberries and blackberries.
• Throw everything in a shaker and shake it up for about a minute, until egg whites are frothy. Pour into a glass and garnish with strawberries and blackberries.
Georgia Shake Cocktail
• 1/2 cup limeade
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/4 cup pineapple juice
• 2 tablespoons grenadine
• 2 to 3 shots vodka
• Combine the limeade, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine, vodka and 1/2 cup ice in a large cocktail shaker.
• Vigorously shake.
• Pour into 2 glasses filled with ice and serve.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more