- 4 pears, peeled
- 3 cups port wine
- 2 cups Chambord
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Cinnamon ice cream
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Stand pears upright in a large saucepan. Add port, Champord, red wine, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove from heat, cover, and let stand or 10 minutes. Once cooled, transfer to a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to 24 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove pears from poaching liquid. Drain pears well; set aside. Place poaching liquid in a saucepan. Stir cornstarch mixture into poaching liquid. Add the remaining 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Pear Sauce In a screw-top jar combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the water; shake to combine.
- To serve, place a pear in each of four chilled dessert dishes. Drizzle pears with warm pear sauce. Add a scoop of ice cream to each dessert dish. Garnish with mint.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more