- 2 cups Parmean and Cheddar Cheese Grits (see recipe, page 16)
- 4 wonton wrappers
- oil for deep-fat frying
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- seasoned salt
- 6 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 4 slices, pancetta, cooked crisp
- green onions, cut in thin strips
- Prepare parmesan and Cheddar Cheeese Grits; keep warm.
- Add 1 inch of oil to a small saucepan. Heat the oil over medium heat to 365F or until a bread cube dropped in the oil browns quickly. Add one wonton wrapper to the saucepan. Cook until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. Grill shrimp over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning once. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the cream; mix well. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped green onion. In medium saute pan melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook without stirring until eggs begin to set. With a spatula, lift and fold the partly cooked mixture so the uncooked part moves to the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking and folding until mixture is cooked through but still looks moist. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- On a serving plate place a wonton crisp. Top with 1/2 cup grits, a slice of pancetta, some of the crambled egg, and a grilled shrimp. Garnish with green onion. Repeat for remaining servings.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more