- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Sourdough loaf (edgeless)
- 1 cup of caramelized walnuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of white corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of Rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Mint Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees, use butter to grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place the dry bread cubes in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with all the chocolate and caramelized walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, corn syrup, rum, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture. Thoroughly mix the eggs and the bread mixture. Assuring the eggs are completely mixed in.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Note: When mixing, try pushing down bread cubes with the back of a large spoon, to ensure the bread absorbs the egg mixture.
Get some G Garvin in your inbox
Join the mailing list for news, events, recipes and more