Details & Ingredients
- 24 Pencil thin asparagus spears
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain. Immediately place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again. Pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Brush shrimp lightly with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes, turning once. Remove the shrimp from the grill and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. When the shrimp have cooled, wrap two asparagus spears and one shrimp in a slice of prosciutto. Repeat with remaining asparagus, shrimp, and prosciutto.
- Place wrapped shrimp back on the grill. Grill for 4 to 7 minutes more or until the shrimp is opaque turning occasionally so the prosciutto doesn't burn. Sprinkle with additional ground black pepper.