Details & Ingredients
makes 1 sandwich
- 1 6-ounce portion red snapper or whitefish, skin and pin bones removed
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons basil aioli
- One 6 inch hoagie roll, split
- One half of a lemon
- Four slices vine-ripened tomatoes
- Two leaves butter leaf lettuce
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Meanwhile, place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge fish in flour and pat off the excess. When the oil is hot, sauté the fish for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness of fish, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, turning once. Remove from pan; place on a paper towel to drain.
- Spread the aioli on the surfaces of the hoagie. Place fish on the roll bottom, squeeze a bit of juice from the lemon half over the fish, and add the tomatoes and lettuce. Add roll top and slice.