Details & Ingredients
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (packed) drained, coarsely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 or 4 spinach leaves, cut in thin strips
- 4 5oz. boneless chicken breast halves with skins
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh basil leaves, cut in thin strips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, mix goat cheese, tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and cut spinach leaves.
- Using a small sharp knife and working with one chicken breast at a time, cut a 2-inch-long horizontal slit into the thick side of the chicken breast. Move knife back and forth in slit to form a pocket. Divide cheese mixture among chicken pockets. Press edges closed and secure with a toothpick to seal. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook for 2 minutes or until skin is brown. Turn chicken over; Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until cooked through (170°F) for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Slice chicken and place on a serving plate. Drizzle lemon butter over chicken. Garnish with fresh basil.