Details & Ingredients
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp course black pepper
- 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red dried chilli flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped scallions
- In a bowl combine shrimp, 2 Tbsp olive oil, chili powder, garlic and season with salt and black pepper, marinade for at least 30 minutes. Place sauté pan on medium high heat until hot and add remaining olive oil.
- When oil is hot (but not burning) add shrimp one by one so they are all laying flat in the pan, cook in batches if necessary. Sauté shrimp for about two minutes on each side until shrimp start curling and become mostly opaque.
- Turn heat to low and add wine and chili flakes, then add butter and stir. Remove from heat add scallions and serve.